!! समर्थ हिन्दु, समर्थ हिन्दुस्थान !!;........................!! समर्थ हिन्दुस्थान, समर्थ विश्व !!............................
All the posts on this blog are re-postings and post headings point towards the actual posts.
Interesting and varied. Despite this, it misses the point.
Hindutva is not a religion, nor an ideology, nor is it somebody’s private property. Hindutva is an attitude that is intrinsic to this land (Bharatvarsh) that stretches from the Himalayas to the southern Peninsula.
Now an attitude is an attitude.. and any description falls short. So first I will go on a drive to communicate what is not Hindutva.
1. Hindutva is not a religion: Critics say that Hindutva is about theocracy. It’ is not. To qualify as a Hindu, you need not believe in any god nor are you instructed or forced to worship in a specific manner.
2. Hindutva is not a ideology: There are no ideas here.. although there are a set of guidelines which one may or may not follow.
3. Hindutva is not fascist: There is no regimentation here. Hindutva offers freedom of choice.
4. Hindutva is not thought control: Several pseudos claim that Hindutva is a regimented outlook towards life. It is not. There may be certain Hindu organisations like HJS, Shiva Sena or RSS which might exercise certain thought control on its members.. However, at large, Hindutva is not thought control.
5. Hindutva is not inspired by Hitler: This is another pseudo allegation. Hindutva existed even before Hitler.
6. Hindutva is not Muslim/Christian/Communist bashing: Hindutva is not anti to anything at all. Hindutva precedes all those negative ideologies and cults.
7. Hindutva is not about violence: Although the violence may be in the service of non-violence. I had to add this because the media projects Hindutva in terms of violence.
Finally, Hindutva is a positive attitude in the service of dharma. Dharma is not religion. Dharma is the sustaining force of nature.
Now let me describe the Hindutva attitude in general with its Sanskrit equivalent:
1. Hindutva is about collective growth — Sanghachadhwam
2. Hindutva is the relentless pursuit of truth — Satyameva Jayate.
3. Hindutva is about positive attitude –Dharmam Chara
4. Hindutva is about a global family — Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam
5. Hindutva is about absolute freedom — Atmana Mokshartham.
6. Hindutva is also about worldly welfare — Jagadihithhaya Cha.
7. Hindutva is about multi-dimensional approach to Truth — Ekam Sat Vipra Bahuda vadami.
8. Hindutva is also about a smile that never fades — Sada Manda Hasam
9. Hindutva is about celebration — Truth, Consciousness, Bliss — Sat Chit Ananda
10. The final and most important Hindutva attitude is a prayer for the wellbeing of the Universe of which we are all a part — Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavanthu. After all, the last comes first.