Friday, March 25, 2011

I AM PROUD TO CALL MYSELF A HINDU — Swami Vivekananda

I AM PROUD TO CALL MYSELF A HINDU — Swami Vivekananda: "


This is for those who ask me to remove the picture of Swami Vivekananda from my site because of my communal “Hindu” characteristic. When it comes to Hindu pride, Swami Vivekananda is a million times more dangerous then me.


“I AM PROUD TO CALL MYSELF A HINDU” –


Swami Vivekananda


Here am I, one of the least of Hindu race, yet proud of my race, proud of myancestors. I am proud to call myself a Hindu, I am proud that I am one of yourunworthy servants, I am proud that I am a countryman of yours, you the descendantsof the sages, you the descendants of the most glorious rishis the world ever saw.


Therefore, have faith in yourself; be proud of your ancestors, instead of beingashamed of them. When a man has begun to be ashamed of his ancestors, the endhas comeAnd do not imitate, do not imitate! O ye modern Hindus, de-hypnotize yourselves….


Mark me, then and then alone you are a Hindu, when the very name sends throughyou a galvanic shock of strength.Then and then alone you are a Hindu when the distress of any one bearing thatname comes to your heart and makes you fees as if your own son were in distress.Then and then alone you are a Hindu when you will be ready to bear everything forthem.Mark me!


Every one of you will have to be a Guru Gobind Singh if you want to dogood to your country.You may see thousands of defects in you countrymen, but mark their Hindu blood.They are the fist gods you will have to worship even if they do everything to hurt you.All our hatches let us bury and send tout this grand current of love all round…My life’s allegiance is to my Motherland, and if I had a thousand lives, every momentof the whole series would be consecrated to your service, my countrymen, myfriend…


(“Vivekananda: His Gospel of Man-making” (p.310 & 312, www.vivekanandagospel.org)


Also read this: http://www.dailypioneer.com/325652/Swami-who-loved-his-mother.html

"