Thursday, July 23, 2009

NATIONAL BENCH for the next three months

  • from an INFOSCION to a POLITICION - Nandan's Chronicles - 2

    tags: no_tag

    • Nandan Nilekani's first day in Parliament
    • Manmohan had informed me that my introduction was one of the important points of the agenda. I hoped that I will be able to make my speech properly. After so many interviews and conferences, I was nervous today!!!!
    • Azhar told me that he would “fix” me an appointment with an Italian designer who had designed his dapper Kurta suit. An Italian designer in Milan doing Kurtas!!!!! I made a note of this and reminded myself to give this example to Friedman for his next book,” The World Markets are flattened”.

      Since there was no doubt about the “Fixational” capacities of Azhar, I told him to give me the details and I would consider.

    • I replied that I have a plan prepared for 30-60-90-120 days’ milestones and I have presentation to make for which I need a power socket, a projector and a screen. I had no idea what was going to happen after this.
    • The Under Secretaries for the Ministries of Power, IT and Broadcasting will prepare a Viability Report after scrutinizing National Security threats to my request. This was because the power socket comes under Power, laptop comes under IT and projector comes under Broadcasting. I have also been told to reconsider my timelines of 30-60-90 days and start thinking in terms of years. Probably, they are right. I did not have the foresight in this matter.
    • I was planning for a quick resolution; the management wants a strategic solution.

      I come out of the House and text Murthy.
      “You won’t believe it but these guys work just like us. I am on a NATIONAL BENCH for the next three months!!!!!! !!”